ANALYZING WOMEN/MINORITY EMPLOYMENT CONSTRAINTS IN FYR MACEDONIA TF091461 – GENDER ACTION PLAN- ECA 4: MINORITY WOMEN EMPLOYMENT CONSTRAINTS IN FYR MACEDONIA
Despite economic growth in recent years and achieving an EU candidate status Macedonia lags behind tackling the problem of structural and long term unemployment. The Macedonian employment rate is significantly lower than European averages. More importantly social backwardness and conservative beliefs and what can generally be described as “traditions” affect the size of the labor force as many especially minority members, and women in particular, do not even search for jobs and meaningful employment. This assignment is to look deeper into this particular problem, attempting to understand in more detail the reasons why such circumstances prevail among Macedonian women of various ethnicities.
“PERSPECTIVES OF THE DOMESTIC LEGAL FRAMEWORK GOVERNING ELECTIONS, FROM THE VIEWPOINT OF THE INTERNATIONAL ELECTION STANDARDS AND GOOD PRACTICES “
– A GUIDE TOWARDS ACCURATE, RELIABLE AND CONSISTENT ELECTORAL LEGISLATION AIMED AT STRAIGHTENING OF THE OVER ALL INTEGRITY OF THE ELECTORAL PROCESSES
Producing policy relevant analysis of the electoral processes, in particular analysis on
1. Policy making and developing of methodology in the election field
2.Criminal law and misdemeanours (effective suppression of electoral irregularities)
3. Complaints and appeals mechanisms
4. Financing of the electoral campaigns
5. SEC competences
POLICY ANALYSIS TO IMPROVE SECONDARY AND TERTIARY EDUCATION IN MACEDONIA
Producing analysis in the educational sector, in particular analysis on how to
1. Increase secondary education enrolment
2. Develop/strengthen education and labor market linkages
3. Evaluate Private and pubic universities: differences in quality or only in finances?
LIVING IN MULTIETHNIC ENVIRONMENT-CITIZENS WITH EQUAL RIGHTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND PROTECTION”
Capacity Building Training of civil society organizations, local government officials, and concerned individuals in the techniques of power sharing and policy making in multiethnic societies.
”KUMANOVO MARKET ANALYSIS”
Producing an analysis of the labor market in Kumanovo municipality, in particular to analyze the current environment in which 20 start-up businesses will be launched in the town.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE CONSULTATIVE PROCESS CONDUCTED BY EC FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE PROGRESS REPORTS
This analysis aims to disclose the process of progress assessment conducted by EC, with special focus on Macedonia. Moreover, it aims to analyze the capacity of the EC for relevant policy assessment.
EVALUATING THE CAPACITIES OF SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS IN MACEDONIA
A complete overview over research capacities in the area of social sciences in Macedonia. In this sense, the following information needs to be provided:
- Current status of research at public universities and a number of most important policy research organisation (PRO) and their contact details
- General framework (higher education arrangements, current reforms processes and their status, etc.)
- Important international stakeholders, initiatives and projects
- Recommendations for the future focus of interventions
INTEGRATION PERSPECTIVES AND SYNERGIC EFFECTS OF EUROPEAN TRANSFORMATION IN THE COUNTRIES TARGETED BY EU ENLARGEMENT AND NEIGHBORHOOD POLICIES
An analysis of the state of affairs in the Macedonian economy and social protection.
POSSIBILITIES OF CREATING REGIONAL LABOUR MARKET AND LABOUR MIGRANTS CIRCULATION AS RESPONSE TO REGIONAL MARKET DEMANDS IN MACEDONIA
An analysis of the following categories:
• labour migratory movements,
• the question of the enforcement of the rights of labour migrants,
• migration policies and laws,
• good practice examples – contribution of immigrants to the economic development.
PROPERTY DEVOLUTION IN MACEDONIA- ISSUES AND CHALLENGES AHEAD
This a study of the decentralization process in Macedonia. It analyses and evaluates a particular aspect of the local governance in the country related to property devolution. The study considers issue such as property taxation, evaluation of property, illegal construction and relations between the central and the local government. Citizens’ attitudes have also been surveyed and taken into account. An analysis of the laws and government acts related to property devolution is also made. Specific recommendations are offered to improve policies in this field too.