The newly established Regional School for Political Development has opened a first call for young political leaders from Croatia, North Macedonia, and Serbia. The school will support youth participation in shaping public policy through a combination of teaching, exchanges, policy debates, practical coursework, workshops, study, and field visits. 30 selected young leaders will be provided with knowledge, experience, practical skills, and a network of contacts with peers and mentors to encourage them to work on developing and advocating green public policies.
The school seeks young professionals from 18 to 30 years of age who are interested in the Green Agenda and have a strong commitment to active citizenship. 30 participants (10 from each country) will be selected for the program based on a open call, according to their proven leadership potential in their communities, and represent different sectors, political affiliations, gender, ethnic and geographical diversity.
The school will provide a platform for learning, practical work, and cooperation among young leaders from different countries, thus motivating and enabling them for long-term active political involvement and a European approach to common environmental and other public-policy-related challenges.
What you will get?
- 3 on-site seminars in Zagreb (Croatia), Ohrid (North Macedonia) and Vrnjacka Banja (Serbia)
- study visit to the City of Rijeka and Krk island (Croatia)
- study visit to EU institutions in Brussels
- online coursework with dedicated mentors
- Opportunity to work on concrete policy development projects in the area of circular economy, energy, biodiversity, urban development and/or climate change, including public policies in the region analysis, proposals of the new approaches, as well as an advocacy plan through different tools
The school will be held from April – December 2024 (detailed program to be defined; candidates will be informed about the exact dates and locations during the selection process).
The organizers cover all travel, accommodation, and food expenses. Due to logistical reasons, some of the trips may have to be organized as a group.
If you want to apply you need to…
- be Croatian, Macedonian and Serbian citizens and candidates residing in the territory of the Republic of Croatia, the Republic of North Macedonia, and the Republic of Serbia up to the age of 30 (i.e. before the age of 31) at the time of applying
- have a high proficiency in English (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
- be motivated and dedicated to actively participate in all three on-site seminars.
How to apply?
- Visit the http://regionalschool.
- Apply directly on this LINK;
- Carefully read all the requirements;
- Fulfil the online application and submit your CV no later than 18 February until 23:59.
During the selection of participants, we will pay particular attention to the quality of the written motivation (in the application form). We recommend that you use an updated version of your CV.
The project is implemented by Academy for Political Development from Croatia, Center for Research and Policy Making from North Macedonia and Foundation BFPE for a Responsible Society from Serbia and it is supported by European Union.