A member from the CRPM team, Dr. Nikolovska, attended the conference “Breaking circular economy barriers- GO CIRCULAR” which took place in Skopje! The conference was a keystone for initiating discussions and exchange of ideas on circular economy between many national and international experts including local and regional stakeholders.
Multiples forums and Q&A sessions initiated inspiring discussions! The key take outs from this learning experience are:
- Linear economy and linear consumption has reached its limits!
- Urgent need to shift from linear to circular economy!
- Smart change of product life cycle, product designs, building new circular business models!
- New technologies for waste treatments and waste conversion into resource!
- Organizational and social change to enable circularity!
- New policies and systemic changes to support circularity as a paradigm for the future!