We are taking part in the Regional Workshop for Green Parliamentary Groups of the Western Balkans Green Agenda: Joint Actions Planning, taking place in Budva 26-27 September, along with MP Velika Stojkova Serafimova, MP Nenad Kocikj, and advisor Dragan Pulevski.
During the first day of the workshop, we presented good examples, practices, and accomplishments in advancing the country’s green agenda, and exchanged ideas with the GPGs from the Western Balkans.
Together, we are planning the next steps and regional joint actions following the extensive action plan of the green agenda for the Western Balkans.
On the second day we presented our joint plan for future regional action, setting highly ambitious goals, whilst taking into account the GAWB Action Plan for climate action, sustainable energy, and sustainable transport:
▪ Mandatory Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) in all municipalities within the WB;
▪ Sustainable transport planning at the local, national, and regional levels;
▪ Improve energy efficiency policies and practices (signing a joint WB EE Declaration);
▪ Organize public hearings with relevant ministries and GPG members;
▪ Synchronized measures to decrease energy poverty (subsidies, regional campaign);
▪ Joint regional meetings for National energy and climate plans NECPs (network and exchange);
▪ Introduce incentives and supportive mechanisms for decarbonization and just transition.
Regional cooperation and coordination among GPGs are required to enhance the Action Plan implementation in a synchronized manner, as economies are at different stages of the EU accession processes.
This activity is part of the Open Regional Fund for South-East Europe-Energy, Transport and Climate Protection (ORF-ETC) and its program component related to capacity development of informal cross-party Green Parliamentary Groups from the Western Balkans on energy, transport and climate protection by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the Center for Research and Policy Making (CRPM).
The Open Regional Fund for South-East Europe-Energy, Transport and Climate Protection (ORF-ETC) is commissioned by German Government and co-funded by the EU.