Gender Budget Watchdog Network is looking for 5 mentors to guide and support 20 civic society organizations (CSOs) from across Western Balkans and Republic of Moldova in the gender-responsive budgeting advocacy plans and in the consecutive implementation of local and regional advocacy actions.
Mentorship is part of the Capacity Building of CSOs within the GBWN which consists of: Step 1: Capacity building assessment to depict awareness, knowledge and skills, as well as attitudes about use of GRB in monitoring impact of resilience response and climate change financing. Step 2: Development of tools for watchdogging capacity, which includes tailoring a capacity building program for gender responsive monitoring of resilience response and climate change financing for each target group. Step 3: Mentoring of the organizations to produce gender budget watchdog reports and advocacy for gender balance distribution of public finances for resilience response and climate change practices.
Time frame and Specific tasks of the assignment
The time frame for realization of the whole engagement is approximately 3 months. The expected start time of the assignment is February 2024.
Mentors will be assigned as following:
- 1 Mentor covering Albania and Kosovo: 1 Training course + 8 mentoring sessions for 4 CSOs
- 1 Mentor covering Bosnia-Herzegovina and Montenegro: 1 Training course + 12 mentoring sessions for 6 CSOs
- 1 Mentor covering Serbia: 1 Training course + 8 mentoring sessions for 4 CSOs
- 1 Mentor covering North Macedonia: to provide 1 Training course + 8 mentoring sessions for 4 CSOs
- 1 Mentor covering Moldova: 1 Training course + 4 mentoring sessions for 2 CSOs
How to apply?
If interested, send your CV and list of references of previous mentoring works you have performed, and any relevant advocacy work you have done (campaigns, demonstrations, projects) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2024, including in the subject of the email ‘Call for Mentors – Implementing GRB advocacy actions’.
Please consult the Terms of Reference for more details on the tasks and duties, as well as the necessary qualifications to be eligible candidate for this assignment.